274743 Some unit tests are sensitive to details of build - change defaults to not normalize tests
diff --git a/releng.wtpbuilder/scripts/build/runbuild.xml b/releng.wtpbuilder/scripts/build/runbuild.xml
index edc2107..a28e1e1 100644
@@ -56,15 +56,22 @@
- <!--if not otherwise set, we should assume normalize ("-repack") jars. For ones which are not supposed
- to be normalized, such as pre-existing jars, they need to be added to the pack.properties file
- (see the updatePackProperties task). Note: signing does the -repack when we sign.
- This variable was moved here, from buildutilities.xml so it can be specifiec better in
- the cc_config file, since there's times, such as for head build, there is little point to normalize.
- value="true" />
+ We should not always normalize ("-repack") jars by default,
+ since in production
+ we sign the jars (which does the -repack for us) and not in production
+ we don't really care so why spend the extra time.
+ For jars which are
+ not supposed to be normalized, such as pre-existing jars, they
+ need to be added to the pack.properties file (see the
+ updatePackProperties task). Note: signing does the -repack when
+ we sign. This can be over-ridden by the caller setting normalize to true,
+ but there are know known cases where we want to normalize (and eventually
+ pack) the jar files but not sign them.
<!-- main -->