Importing a zip over a shared project
Since: 3.0 M6
Last Modified: $Date: 2004/01/13 18:46:26 $
This scenario captures one means of patching. It assumes that a zip file contains
a previous version of a project that has been modified in some way and added to
a zip archive (without CVS directories).
Perform the following steps:
- Load the project from CVS (using Checkout or some other means)
- Import the zip over the loaded project.
- Ensure that the sync states are Outgoing for all resources from the zip file.
- Ensure that all folders from the zip file (except new ones)
are marked as in-sync and all files (except new ones) are outgoing changes.
- Changing the comparison criteria to compare contents should not contact the server
and should leave only the resources that differ in the sync view. Perform a
Mark As Merged and a Commit on these resources.
- Changing the comparison criteria back to revision number will reveal all the files
whose content did not change, perform a Mark as merged on these resources followed by
a Team>Update on the project in the Navigator (Note: This could be handled better).
- After the update, ensure the project has no out-of-sync resources.