blob: b5ab57bd628590eb7fed6c01ae57afa965d7ec9a (plain
In order to install the Git Eclipse plugin you need to have the following
- Eclipse version 3.8.2/4.2.2 or newer
- Since 4.0 JGit and EGit require Java 7.
- A reasonably recent version of Git itself installed on your platform to
take care of what the plugin does not yet do or do things that native
git does better. Some tests have been performed using both Cygwin and MSYS git.
Both have issues that we need both feedback and patches for.
AUTOMATED INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Find installation instructions on http://www.eclipse.org/egit/download/
MANUAL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Run the Maven build as described in the contributor guide
and install egit from the p2 repository generated by the build at
- Select the org.eclipse.egit.ui project, and using the context menu select
Run As(or Debug As) / Eclipse Application. Make sure the application runs
using JDK 1.7 or newer.
- There may be errors in the <workspace>/.metadata/.log or even on stdout that can help
you track down and problem. When reporting errors include stack traces and the commit
id or the version your plugin is built from, or the version of the plugin if it does
not contain a date.
- Check http://www.eclipse.org/egit/support/ to find information about reporting bugs.