blob: dfda21e3a86a81d7878c3bbbaac0f55738a776f3 (plain
#Contributing to Orion/LSP Support
Thanks for your interest in this project.
#Steps to reproduce:
1) Clone the git repository : [https://git.eclipse.org/r/orion/org.eclipse.orion.client] and checkout the `java-lsp` branch.
2) Get the lsp server from the Git repo: [https://github.com/gorkem/java-language-server] and follow the `README.md` file to build it.
3) Install the lsp server in the `org.eclipse.orion.client/modules/orionode/server` folder.
4) Inside a console where Node.js is installed, do:
- `npm install`
- start it by using: `node --debug server.js -p 8083 --w <workspace_path>`
This runs the Node.js Orion server on localhost:8083.
5) Open the browser on `http://local.orion.org:8083`.
The Orion client with the Java™ plugin requires a Node.js Orion server that is enabled for the language server connections.
This is why for now we use a local Node.js server instead of the instance running on orion.eclipse.org.
#Contributor License Agreement
Before your contribution can be accepted by the project, you will need to create and electronically sign the
Eclipse Foundation [Contributor License Agreement](https://www.eclipse.org/legal/CLA.php) (CLA):
1. Log in to the [Eclipse projects forge](https://projects.eclipse.org/user/login/sso). You will need to
create an account with the Eclipse Foundation if you have not already done so.
2. Click on "Contributor License Agreement", and complete the form.
Be sure to use the same email address in your Eclipse account that you intend to use when you commit to Git.
Contact the project developers via the project's "dev" list.
- [https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/orion-dev] (https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/orion-dev)