- Maven Build - step of Maven execution which requires special handling in Eclipse
- Action - action for m2e to use to handle the Maven exceution
- Resolve Later - Make no changes, errors will exist after import
- Install ... - Installs an Eclipse plugin which handles execution (not always available)
- Do Not Execute (add to pom) - Add lifecycle metadata to executing pom(s) to ignore goal in m2e
- Do Not Execute (add to parent) - As above except metadata is added to pom(s) that add the plugin
M2Eclipse requires metadata to map Maven execution goals to actions within Eclipse. The m2e marketplace contains Eclipse plugins to provide this metadata for common Maven plugins.
As safe defaults cannot be provided for every execution goal, custom lifecycle mapping metadata can be embedded into the pom or the goal can be ignored using a quickfix (it is up to the developer to determine which is the correct behaviour for their project.)