|author||Bob Foster||2014-12-09 15:19:10 -0500|
|committer||Bob Foster||2014-12-09 15:19:10 -0500|
Update polling help for Git
Diffstat (limited to 'hudson-core/src/main/resources/hudson')
2 files changed, 5 insertions, 5 deletions
diff --git a/hudson-core/src/main/resources/hudson/triggers/SCMTrigger/help.html b/hudson-core/src/main/resources/hudson/triggers/SCMTrigger/help.html
index 7ac32882..16513b2b 100644
@@ -16,10 +16,10 @@
Configure Hudson to poll changes in SCM.
- Note that this is going to be an expensive operation for CVS, as every polling
- requires Hudson to scan the entire workspace and verify it with the server.
- Consider setting up a "push" trigger in a CVS post commit hook to avoid this overhead, as described in
- <a href="https://wiki.eclipse.org/Building_a_software_project#Builds_by_changes_in_Subversion.2FCVS">this document</a>
+ Note that this is going to be an expensive operation if you poll frequently enough
+ to trigger timely builds; or it is going to be slow to respond to changes.
+ Consider setting up a Git post-receive hook to avoid this overhead, as described in
+ <a href="https://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php?title=Using_Hudson/Building_a_software_project&action=submit#Builds_by_changes_in_Git">this document</a>
It's possible to use Job cascading feature for this property. Please review <a href="https://www.eclipse.org/hudson/the-hudson-book/book-hudson.chunked/ch06.html#section-common-job-configurations">
diff --git a/hudson-core/src/main/resources/hudson/triggers/TimerTrigger/help.html b/hudson-core/src/main/resources/hudson/triggers/TimerTrigger/help.html
index 47c2f8ee..fbb06641 100644
@@ -14,7 +14,7 @@
Provides a <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/cron">cron</a>-like feature
- to periodically execute this jobs.
+ to periodically execute this job.
This feature is primarily for using Hudson as a cron replacement,